What does ebook mean
These digital formats are not just absolutely simple PDFs, on the contrary, ebook is the abbreviation for “electronic book” or electronic book.
Your digital book, thanks to dedicated software, will be tested on all platforms in circulation for reading this format, in order to be sure of full compatibility.
Channels available to view ebooks
The ebook layout is a real electronic structure, which must maintain certain rules depending on the store on which you want to publish, the main ones are:
- Amazon is one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world that requires a specific format such as a kindle ebook .
- Apple which since 2012 has aimed at the ebook market with iBooks, creating the native application that allows reading for all Apple devices.
- ibs one of the first of the ebook sector in Italy, for years it has been a leader in the sector, IBS.it defines itself as “the largest Italian store for books, films, music and video games on the Internet”.
- Bookrepublic with its over 20 thousand Italian titles, with almost 100 thousand sold in a year, is one of the main players in the sale of digital books in the Italian market.
- Feltrinelli.it born in 2007, the digital library of the Feltrinelli Group was second only to Ibs until 2011, only to lose the primacy with the entry of giants such as Amazon, Feltrinelli manages ebooks in .epub and .mobi format.
Many others are the stores, which offer us the possibility to publish our book even without a publishing house behind us: